Restaurant death from food allergy

Earlier this year a NSW Supreme Court judge handed down his sentence after Nathan Anderson died when a restaurant served him food containing sesame after he disclosed his sesame allergy.

People with food allergy and those working in food service both have responsibilities when it comes to food allergy management. We have food safety regulations to help protect people in Australia. The death of this young man, a father of two young children, could have been prevented. Our hearts go out to Nathan’s wife Nicola, and all the family. Nicola bravely spoke to The Project during Food Allergy Week to help raise awareness of the seriousness of food allergy.

Acute Anaphylaxis CSS
Acute Anaphylaxis Clinical Care Standard - Learn more...
Atopic Dermatitis
allergy250K teens/young adults
Food allergy training

Our Supporters

Diamond


Viatris
Sanofi
Nestle
Allergy Concepts

Platinum


  • Bulla
  • NSW Food Authority
  • Novartis
  • Pfizer

Gold


  • dbv technologies
  • Mondelez
  • Nurticia
Silver

  • abbvie
  • Australian Camps Association
  • Bayer
  • Sanctuary Early Learning
  • Sweet William


© 2023 ALLERGY & ANAPHYLAXIS AUSTRALIA
ABN: 70 693 242 620

 



ALLERGY & ANAPHYLAXIS AUSTRALIA
is supported by funding from the
Australian Government,
Department of Health.


ALLERGY & ANAPHYLAXIS AUSTRALIA acknowledges and pays respect to the traditional custodians of the lands on which we work, live and play.