Food Alert - Freedom Foods - 12 March 2020
Allergy & Anaphylaxis Australia have been asked to share the following announcement from Freedom Foods.
Freedom Foods is advising of two important changes to our allergen declarations to its cereal range. Freedom Foods is evolving its product range to include products that contain certain allergens. Freedom Foods will remain committed to creating great tasting gluten free products with two important updates, as follows.
Due to changes within our manufacturing facility with the production of some products that contain milk, a Precautionary Allergen Labelling ‘May Contain’ Statement will be added to all Freedom Foods Classic Cereal products from March 2020.
This means the current Freedom Foods Classic Cereal range will no longer be suitable for consumers with an allergy to dairy
The Freedom Foods Classic Cereal range will remain ‘Free From’ Gluten^, Nuts*, Wheat, Eggs and Soy.
- Freedom Foods Corn Flakes 260g
- Freedom Foods Maple Crunch 300g
- Freedom Foods Rice Puffs 250g
- Freedom Foods XO Crunch Cocoa 285g
- Freedom Foods XO Crunch Berry Flavour 245g
- Freedom Foods Ancient Grains Muesli 300g
- Freedom Foods Fruit and Seeds Muesli 500g
- Freedom Foods Active Balance Cranberry and Multigrain 350g
- Freedom Foods Active Balance Buckwheat and Quinoa 350g
Freedom Foods are launching seven new Freedom Foods Classic Cereals which will contain allergens as ingredients and Precautionary Allergens. These new products will be released to Coles, Woolworths and independent supermarkets from mid-March 2020. One of these new products will “Contain Milk’; and six of these new products will ‘Contain’ or ‘May Contain’ the following allergens: Milk, Peanuts, Sesame Seeds, Soy or Tree Nuts
New products include:
- Freedom Foods Protein Crunch 250g
- Freedom Foods Pear Almond Clusters 360g
- Freedom Foods Maple Almond Clusters 360g
- Freedom Foods Berry Coconut Clusters 360g
- Freedom Foods Berry Almond Muesli 350g
- Freedom Foods Honey Almond Muesli 350g
- Freedom Foods Peach Pecan Muesli 350g
For more detail see: Announcement Freedom Packaging Update March 2020 (PDF)
If you have any questions or concerns, please refer to Freedom Foods FAQ which you can find here https://freedomfoods.com.au/faq/